Welcome to the New England Reading Association web site where you'll find information on membership benefits and application procedures, our annual conference, research scholarships and minigrant awards, development and research services, contact information for your NERA Executive Board members, and some very helpful literacy links.
As a member of the New England Reading Association, you will join a group of committed professionals within the field of education who are working to support the improvement of literacy learning in our region. Benefits include:
- A subscription to the NERA Journal, a juried journal, published twice each year
- A subscription to the member e-newsletter, published twice each year
- Receipt of a calendar of literacy events throughout the six New England states
- Eligibility for grants and research scholarships
- The opportunity for professional development at the Annual NERA Conference
Sign Up Today....Complete this Form.
New England Reading Association offers many opportunities to expand the teaching of reading and literacy throughout New England.
Moving Forward: Inspiring Learners Beyond Measure
Location: Holiday Inn By the Bay, Portland, Maine
September 20-21, 2013: Two full conference days focusing upon preK-12 literacy!
Featured presenters include:
Jeanne Paratore, Ruth Culham, Donalyn Miller, Lori Oczkus, Nancy Boyles, Lynn Plourde